1.05.2010

Old McMadi Had a Farm, E-I-E-I-O

We celebrated Madison's birthday this year with a farm themed party. I made the invitations using Lettering Delights clipart and fonts. It was a lot of fun and really cheap to make them!



After we cancelled the party due to illness and rescheduled for the next Saturday the party was a big success. All of her friends were able to come and have a good time. My friend Holly, that I teach with, let me borrow the barn from her classroom and I made some life-size animals to decorate.







The kids had fun playing in the barn, wearing their cowboy hats, fishing for ducks and winning prizes.





A little farm bingo...



Getting candy from the horse pinata... 



Eating pizza, chicken nuggets, fruit, chips, cupcakes and ice cream. 
I had a lot of fun making the pig, chick, and sheep cupcakes with my sister Erin. They were so fast and easy to make. I love cupcakes!







Everyone was happy and went home with a sugar high!





And the little birthday girl went down for a much need 2 1/2 hour nap!

8 comments:

Bree said...

way too cute and creative!

Kort said...

she is so big!! cute idea! love you madison!!!!

Karie said...

Oh my gosh!! You are so creative! That is the cutest party!

Montgomery Family said...

OMGosh, I am stealing every part of that party and doing it for Paige someday! I will come back to this post as a reference! Those cupcakes are unbelievable!! SO CUTE!!! I CANNOT believe that Madi is 3! Wasn't it just yeaterday that you were in labor forever and by the time I got to the hospital you had JUST delivered her! She is so darling and she and Paige must get together to play soon! Hopefully we'll be up there soon.
And PS post more often...I want to see pics of your cute family!

Mandy said...

HOW CUTE!!!! I love it. That is the cutest party ever. How dang fun. You are too cute. I bet Madi will remember that forever. The animals on the walls are darling!

Kellie said...

Chris, I found your cute blog! What a great party you threw for Madi. So dang cute!!

Montgomery Family said...

Hey Martha Stewart, will you tell me what you put on those cupcakes to make the animals. I can tell what some of them are, but can't figure out the rest. I MUST make those soon. They are just too cute!!

Nicole said...

you are SO talented!!! Love you guys!!!