1.29.2010

Daddy's Proudest Moment


For those of you that don't know, James and I despise character clothing. Madi has a few, but they are only allowed to be jammies. In fact I can actually say James HATES Dora the Explorer! He forbade me to ever let Madi watch it, buy a toy, clothing etc.
I was a good wife and obeyed his demands... like always :)

... But then one day a certain grandmother and aunt by the names of Pat and Nicki decided to infest our homes with not one, not two, but dozens of Nicki's old Dora videos! Now our once innocent daughter has been overcome with Dora's influence.
Let's just say James is less than ecstatic.

... I don't like Dora myself, but it is was pretty darn cute when I was flipping channels for Madi and I accidently put it on a Spanish cartoon channel and she said, "Mom this is Spanish!" and then a few days later when we were checking out at the grocery store and out of no where Madi counted to 5 in Spanish, "Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco!"

Dora is NOT cool, but Madi sure is cool.

5 comments:

Montgomery Family said...

I'm so there with you on the character clothing. I can't stand it. But, I'm all about the shows. Hey, if it keeps her entertained for 30 mins while I make dinner or get ready in the morning, I'm all for it! I wish I loved near you and we could shop together. We definitely would buy the same things for our girls!

Wait a minute, I just thought of something...doesn't James love Batman? Does he not have anything with Batman on it????

Love and miss you and praying for a baby for you. I want you to get one SOON! I could use one myself!

Montgomery Family said...

Oops, I meant "lived" near you, not "loved" near you!!

anna b. said...

i can't stand any of those bilingual shows. what happen to all of the good cartoons??

okay now, i need to know WHERE or HOW did you get your blog to look so cute??

i promise i won't copy i just need to know so i can maybe..um* copy you. ;0)

Kort said...

i love those shows. of course not at first but my boys have learned so much from them! its better than yo gabba gabba or the wiggles!!!

The Peterson's said...

I agree with the clothing thing! And I agree with the darn cute Maddy thing!