1.16.2010

Christmas... Christmas... and MORE Christmas

This year Christmas was fabulous as always... even though I enjoyed most of it from the couch and bed. I was sick with fevers, head cold and a miserable cough. A cough so bad I cracked a rib! I spent Christmas Eve morning at the doctor, Christmas Day and the rest of break on the couch and in bed. Madi was so patient with me. She wanted to play with all of her new toys and would just just play next to me while I slept. Here she is reading me some of her new books with her stuffed animals.


We spent Christmas Eve at the annual Widdison Family party  in our new Christmas Jammies and then headed to my mom and dad's to open our Sibling Gifts. My sisters (who live with us) stayed the night at my mom and dad's, but James, Madi and I went home to our house.
























We woke up Christmas morning and had stockings filled with goodies and presents from Santa. It was so fun to see Madi so excited.  Every present she would say, "Who is this From?" or "Thank you mommy it's my favorite!" James bought me the best gift... a really nice Digital Camera! Now I just need to start figuring out how to use it. I need to prove that it was a good investment. James got shoes, clothes, a wallet and other practical stuff. He was sad that there were no toys... maybe next year. This year was my turn to be spoiled! Madi got more than her little heart could handle: ponies, pet shops, books, stuffed animals, cash register, games, toy laptop, Cinderella doll, candy and more.











































I feel so blessed to have such and amazing husband, daughter and family. I love the holidays. I love eating, playing, talking and laughing with all of them. It gets loud and busy and crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love our different personalities, our stubbornness and our kindness. I am so glad that our Savior Jesus Christ provided a way that we can be a family forever.

5 comments:

Montgomery Family said...

Your Christmas looks like it was so fun! Madi is so beautiful...seriously, not just saying that because you're my friend!You know you've done that before!!) She really is!!!

For my blog book, I used blurb.com. It is super time consuming but worth it. I don't know of any other sites that will upload directly from your blog. It's not the most user friendly, hence the time consuming aspect. Once I spent a few hours getting started and getting the hang of it, I was hooked and it became an obsession. I couldn't wait for Paige to nap and go to bed at night so I could work on it. Granted that was over break so I could stay up late. Anyway, yes, I would recommend them only because I'm not sure there is another option.

Mandy said...

Cute post! I love those pages! Where did you make them? So fun!

The Birds said...

cute christmas pics and pages. Madi is a doll. I am so glad things are going well. we all need to get together sometime!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Chris, You are like the digi scrapbook queen! Seriously, I love it. Hope you guys are doing well. Thinking about ya!

Meliss

Nicolle said...

Cute post, I LOVE the scrapbook pages! Also good job on Madis bday party the cupcakes were my favorite! Ok so are you digital scrapbooking now? I need to know a good website to do it? Let me know