4.13.2010

What Moms CAN'T Do

Madi got a new bike, a big girl bike with training wheels, from the overly generous Easter Bunny this year. And then it snowed for 2 days and she couldn't even try it on for size. But when she finally did we rode it and rode it and rode it. She was so cute and loving it! She could do it by herself immediatly, but got nervous when it would shift onto the training wheels. She had the balance down so I would let go and show her that she didn't need my help and could do it all by herself. The minute I would let go she got nervous and would say, "Don't let go mommy, I need more practice!" It was so cute, but like every good mom (ha ha) I wanted her to be the best and do it without my help. I didn't want to make her scared of it on her first day though so I promised that I would not let go and as hard and tempting as it was, I stuck by my promise.

But then daddy got home from work and Madi wanted to go show daddy how she could ride her new bike. So they set out to ride around the block and Madi came running in the house yelling "I did it Mommy, I am NOT scared! It just did this (and she proceeded to model shaking motions with her body) and I did it by myself!"

Sometimes a girl just needs her Daddy. I am so glad that there are special things in her life that get to be her and daddy things and that they have time to play, learn and grow together. I think she has the best daddy ever!

1 comment:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I love that picture of her, and her PJs. So cute! I totally agree though - there are some things that are special, just for daddy!