4.08.2010

Sleeping Angel


My favorite thing to do every night before bed is to sneak into Madi's room and give her one last kiss on the cheek or forehead (whatever is visible) and whisper I LOVE YOU and make sure she is tucked in and warm before I collapse into my own bed and fall asleep. The best part about this routine is that somehow no matter how quiet I am or how asleep she looks, she KNOWS I am there. She will whisper back in the sleepiest little voice things like "Hi mom", "I love you too" and "Thanks mom". Being a mom doesn't get any better than that. As our family anxiously awaits another child through adoption (shameless plug) I have been reflecting on how lucky we are to be parents already. I think of the many great men and women who struggle with fertility and don't have any children yet, and feel so blessed by my Heavenly Father. I am thankful and grateful to have my little "Sleeping Angel".  Do I wish and pray for more? YES! Am I okay with waiting and knowing that things will happen when and how the Lord wants them too? YES! I am happy. I am a mom.

This picture is almost 3 years old, but it is one of my absolute favorites. She really is a sleeping angel!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's my favorite thing to do too!!! I love watching my kids sleep. Being a mom is the best thing ever!

Nicole said...

That is funny I do the same thing to Courtney! I love being a mom!!! We should get the girls together to play soon!!

The Peterson's said...

I love it! I do it too! Love Sleeping kids!