2.02.2009

This Post Is For The Grandmas...


Madi is getting so big and so smart. As a teacher I know the capacity that children have to learn so quickly, but as a mom it still amazes me. Madison is doing something new each day that just simply amazes me and makes me feel so proud. So Grandma Shores and Grandma Leavitt, here are her accomplishments just after turning two:

- potty-trained (except at nap/bedtime) 90% of the time!

- Counts to twelve and can identify some of her numbers: 1,2,3,and 6...she really likes 6 for some reason:)

- Can draw a circle and a smiley face

- Knows her shapes: circle, square, and triangle

- Know all the words to "I Am A Child Of God" and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"

- Says prayers at every meal and snack and nap and bedtime, or whenever else she feels the need :)

- Knows some of her colors: red, yellow, pink

- Can identify some of her letters: h,w,d,a,m,f,i,e,g...Not sure whey those are her favorites.

- Can spell her name: Madi... it is so cute. I write her name and then she says "M" "A" "D" "I"... then I say, "What does that spell?" then she says, "Madi" and points to herself! It is so cute!!

- Has "Meno" a.k.a. "Nemo" memorized!

- Can completely dress herself from undies to pants, shirt, jacket, socks and shoes all by herself! She will not accept help... she it very independent.

- Can go potty all by herself and brush her teeth all by herself.

- Can make her own chocolate milk and tries to all day long.

- Can still give the best hugs and kisses, smiles, and laughs that any mom could ask for!!

I love my little girl so much and love watching her grow and learn. I am so lucky to have you both as moms and Madi is so lucky to have you both as grandmas.

13 comments:

Bonnie and David said...

Madi is so adorable! Thanks for the grandma update. Being a Grandma is the best thing in life! love, Bonnie

Bree said...

So cute. I love watching them learn new things! I'm amazed at the small feats that we get so excited about and treasure so much! Hope work and life in general is going good for you guys.

TheGefrom5 said...

What a smartypants!! She is adorable. I can't believe she is getting so grown-up!

Hear anything from our gym buddy?

sdheinens said...

OHHHHHHHHH! I love her! Thats all I can say. Seriously, her and Michaela are so much a like in so many ways. ITS CRAZY! We must get them together hopefully soon. :)

Lindsey said...

Madi is soooo cute and so stinkin' smart. Anyone can see what a great mom you are.

The Peterson's said...

Not a grandparnet but loved hearing about madi just the same. She is a cute and growing fast!

Karie said...

So cute! Wasn't she just born a few months ago?!? :D Time flies!

jonna said...

good point. As teachers we see so much in our students, but it is so shocking when it comes from our own little ones. Very cute she is!

Staceygirl said...

Hey, I saw your post and I had a mini heart attack because I have an ex named Chris, and I thought he might have found me! Hehe. I was glad it was you instead :) My youngest was born Oct 28 of 06, and it sure is fun to watch her learn and grow. She's tiny like Chase... only about 20 lbs. last time I weighed her. She doesn't say as much as your daughter, but my first daughter did. Maybe the oldest kid just learns to talk sooner because Kyle took a long time, too. You wouldn't believe it if you saw Will all grown and passing the sacrament. He's in junior high already, and I can't even believe it! I hear your mom lives right by us now and Nikki goes to Kyle's school. I think it's pretty amazing that they have lived within a mile of us in two different states just by chance!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Grandma update. I just love hearing about Madi. I know what a great Mom she has and I thank-you for being that. Love, Mom Shores

karen louise said...

Madi is seriously the most adorable little girl...you are so lucky to have her! :)

Mandy said...

She is so adorable! It is so fun to watch them learn and grow! What a smart girl!!!

Melanie Nielsen said...

I miss seeing her every day! I can't believe that she is so grown up!! And by the way she probably loves most of those letters because they are in her name. ; ) Sure miss you girls! We need to get together for lunch!