1.06.2009

Madison's Sesame Street Birthday Party

Well I am a month late on this post, but I'm sure you all don't care because most of you have been too busy to read my blog anyways.

I was so excited for Madi's birthday this year, because she actually understood presents, candles, and singing. In fact I think I might have been just a little more excited than she was.

I had made some life-sized Sesame Street characters and decorated 'til Elmo was everywhere. While Madison was taking her nap we got everything out so she would be surprised when she woke up.

Needless to say, she was...



This was her face as she came down the hall and caught her first glimpse of Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Big Bird. James' goal was to give her a heart attack or make her little brain burst with pleasure... it didn't happen, but we came close!

I made some really fun (and super easy) Cookie Monster cupcakes and an Elmo cake. I can't take credit for the cake though because I ran out of time to frost and my sister decorated the whole thing for me. Thank you Erin.







It was a wonderful party filled with lots of friends and family. Thank you everyone who came to celebrate and make Madi's day so special.

6 comments:

Dana said...

what a cute party! i can't get over those cookie monster cupcakes. i have absolutely no reason to ever make those, but i want to so bad!

Cindi said...

Very cute. I love Sesame Street. Halle had an Elmo cake for her 2nd birthday, too. She just got Elmo slippers for Christmas and wears them everywhere.

Anonymous said...

you people make me sick. why o why can't i be crafty like you?!

That cake & the cupcakes are so freakin' cool.
you could of just stopped with the amazing paintings of elmo everywhere!

Thanks Chris.

I love it. Needless to say, I'm VERY impressed!

I'll be throwing Brycen a b-day party the end of this month. I need to hire you!!

Bree said...

What a great idea and I love the cupcakes and cake! Birthdays for kids are so much fun!

TheGefrom5 said...

HOw CUTE!! I love your characters that you made, of course they look awesome!! HOw fun for Madi...its the best making them so happy!! :)

Karie said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love the Sesame Street party, too. Your cupcakes are darling!! Guess what--LOST is starting soon, so we get to hang out again! :) Yippie! Let's plan a LOST get-together!