5.30.2008

James 7th... I mean 27th Birthday!

So Thursday was James' birthday. Since we have been married (3 years) James and I have never had a birthday party with friends. We have always just celebrated with immediate family. James has done so much for me in the last few years I thought it would be so fun to surprise him with a "real" party. I have never thrown a surprise party of any kind and was really nervous and anxious.



His brother Jared and I set it up so that he thought he was going to the movies with Jared and then Jared and his girlfriend, Danielle, would watch madi so we could go to dinner. When Jared brought James home from the movie we would all be out in the yard and yell "Surprise!" Everything went smoothly as planned, but Jared had to kill about 30 minutes after the movie before he brought James home. Trying to stall Jared decided to tell James that he needed to go to the grocery store to get some milk on the way home. So I am at the house getting set-up and James calls to ask if we can just give one of our gallons of milk to jared so he doesn't have to go to the store. I of course know that Jared is just making up excuses to stall so I have to pretend to be the greedy sister-in-law and say... "I don't think so honey. I just bought all that milk and I really don't want to have to go to costco again next week." It was pretty classic. But james arrived at the right time and was completely surprised so the mission was successful.






If you know anything about my husband he is infatuated with BATMAN. So I threw him a Batman birthday complete with a pinata and and Batman cake. I told him maybe next year is he is good we can have a spiderman birthday :)

8 comments:

us said...

Looks like tons of fun! Happy Birthday James!

Lindsey said...

What a fun idea and cute wife you are!! I need your help planning my husband's and Grace's future birthdays.

Montgomery Family said...

Happy Birthday, James! Love that cake...did you make it? If so, I am way impressed! Good job with the surprise.

jonna said...

how fun! I am horrible at surprises. I am to excited to give my gift,etc away! Looks like a good time!

Lindsey said...

Hey Chris! This is Lindsey Hawley. Kirsten found your blog and sent me the link...I hope you don't mind. Are you guys still living in Utah? Jeff's parents thought you might have moved to Cali. It sounds like you guys are doing well and Madison is adorable. We should get together sometime if you still live around here. Hope you talk soon!

Bree said...

That is so awesome! It was a greast idea. I hope you guys had lots of fun.

The Peterson's said...

That is so fun and exciting! I try to surprize Owen but it NEVER works! I am not good at that kind of thing!

The Hunzikers said...

What a fun idea!! You are such a cute wife! It was fun to see you for the very short time that I did. I was hoping to see you again.