5.13.2008

Mother's Day!

Mother's Day had a whole new meaning for me this year. James and I recently found out that due to my cancer treatments I am not able to give birth to any more children. We feel so blessed to have our little Madi and hopefully many more of our own through adoption. That being said this Mother's Day I was able to reflect on the joy and blessing it is to be a mother. I love my precious daughter so much and can't imagine experiencing this life without her. I know that I am not always the perfect mother, but everyday I love Madi even more (which I didn't know was pssible) and I am constantly trying do better. James' parents gave me a sweet mother's day card and my Mother-In-Law, Dolly wrote the sweetest quote in it. When I read it I realized my best isn't that bad.

"A mother relating to her child in the private intimacy of her home, with no audience but the unseen angels, is the predominant influence for all that is good and decent in the world."
- George D. Durrant

I am so Grateful for my mom that taught me to be loving, kind, selfless, forgiving, and patient through example. She is my bestfriend and I love her so much. I am thankful for my "new" mom, Dolly. She has taught me all of the same endearing qualities as well. I am continually learning from these two amazing mothers in my life and everyday I look up to them for love and guidance. Thanks Moms!


This is an old picture of Madi and I




My Mom (Pat) and Madi




My Mother-In-Law (Dolly) and Madi

2 comments:

Bethany said...

hi christine!!! this post was so moving for me. more than any other mother's day post i have read. you and madi and your mothers are so beautiful!

us said...

Chris you are amazing!

I am going to be down in San Diego the same time as you so I definitely want to get together. What day would work best for you??