7.06.2009

4th of July

I love the 4th of July because it is in the summer, the weather is always beautiful, and there are always lots of things to do with the family.

This year we started celebrating the 4th of July early. On Thursday the 3rd we went to Mount Timpanogos and hiked to the caves. None of us had been there and it was a steeper hike than we expected. Poor James hiked it with 50 lbs. of dead weight on his back: Madi 37 lbs. plus the carrier and snacks!! I felt bad, but he is such a stud he was still the first one to the top. After all, I married him for his bulging muscles. The hike was beautiful and the caves were amazing.



On the morning of the 4th my sisters and I woke up early at 5:45 and headed up Provo Canyon for our 11 mile run! We timed our running perfectly to end at the Freedom Festival Parade where My dad, James, Nicki and Madi were waiting. After watching a little of the parade we went home and mom had breakfast ready and waiting. We then headed to Seven Peaks Waterpark for a very relaxing and fun day. Following the waterpark was a B-B-Q at our house, cards, fire pit with s'mores, and sparklers. We didn't even watch the fireworks because we were more interested in stuffing our faces with the scrumptious s'mores!!

4 comments:

Dana said...

That sounds like such a fun day! And I am SERIOUSLY impressed with all your hiking & running. Way to go!

us said...

Looks like you had a blast. How fun you can all be together!!! Can't wait to see you sometime...

karen louise said...

Hey Chris! I haven't read your blog forever, so I'm glad I got to it today! Your hair is soo long now! And your Madi is getting so big! You look so good...how are things?

The Peterson's said...

What a fun day!!! Happy 4th!