4.20.2009

What a difference a year makes!

My family (most of it) ran in the Salt Lake City 1/2 Marathon AGAIN this year! We had so much fun last year we decided to make it a yearly tradition. Maybe next year we can get my LAZY brothers and HUSBAND to do it! 

Last year my goal was to finish, and I did. This year my goal was to run it in under an 11 minute mile pace.

The RESULT... 10:07 minute mile pace! so my official time was 2:12:39!!
I took 33 minutes off my time from last year, and that makes me smile!

Here I am getting my victory kiss


Here is our official FINISH ORDER picture... (I went from 5th to 1st this year)



Here are my sisters. We ran the first 12 miles together and then split at the last mile and it was every chick for themselves



We are already anticipating next year! My goal next year is a 9:15 mile pace... dream big right?

12 comments:

Kort said...

good job you guys! thinking about running that far just makes me want to vomit!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!! WOW! You are so impressive. Good luck on next years.

Dee Dee said...

That's terrific! Now I feel pretty bad about not walking on the treadmill this morning. You all are amazing. I can't believe your mom even did it. How cool!!

Holly said...

You can totally do it. You guys look really good for running that many miles. I am proud of you!

Montgomery Family said...

Way to go!! You are awesome! We should try to do one together. Although after running mine in Jan and Feb I haven't run since. I suck!! I still recovering, right? Isn't that how long it takes...2 months!!:) Such a cute pic of you and Madi! I miss you!

Montgomery Family said...

Oops, I meant "I'm" not "I", unless you want to read it in ebonics!!:)

Bree said...

You go guys. I am amzed at your will power. Maybe some day I will have enough to try.

Cindi said...

I don't think it's right that people look that good in their "victory photos." Good job!

The Peterson's said...

Good job I am only up to the 6 mile range. I am working on it though!!

The Hunzikers said...

So fun!! I'm jealous!! No half marathons for me until August. It looked like it was going to be a nice day for the marathon!

TheGefrom5 said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!! Yeah! I am so proud of you. you are such a good example of puting your mind to somehting and doing it. YOua re so strong and I love you for it! Only YOU would be running a marathon a few months after bone marrow transplants and treatments and then do it AGAIn a year later only better! only YOU would look so cute without any hair and then look so dang gorgeous with your new do! And only you would have such a great attitude about life that nothign seems to phase you or bring you down! :) Now, when are you coming down to california???!! I miss you! Get over here now! xoxoxo

The Lovells said...

My wife just finished running a half-marathon in Illinois. It must be a mission thing because like James, I did not run with my wife either.