4.25.2008

Salt Lake City Marathon



On April 19th some of my family and I ran in the Salt Lake City Marathon. Here is us all stinky and sweaty after running the Half Marathon (13.1 miles) holding up our finishing place on our hands. We didn't come close to winning the race , but we all did so well and competed against each other. I had been planning to run the Full Marathon in June of 2006. I was about a month away from the race and had Madi growing in my stomach. I thought my training was going great until one day I just felt like I hit a wall and had no energy to run. I decided no to run the race and soon found out I had cancer. I then understood why by body didn't feel like running. It obviously thought pregnancy and cancer was enough to deal with. So this last fall while I was lying around in the hospital I came up with this great (I think I was delirious at the time) plan to run the Half Marathon in April. I somehow convinced my mom, dad, sisters (Erin, Stacey, Gioia and Gioia's Boyfriend Jonathon) and my Aunt Karen to compete with me. I am so thankful for them participating because without them I don't think I would have followed through. We all had such a fun time and a great weekend. Who knows maybe we will make it a yearly tradition and get the rest of the family involved next time.

1 comment:

TheGefrom5 said...

You're awesome!!I love this pic of your fam at the race. I love looking at all your pics too. Madi is getting so big and she is so cute!! I just started a blog, its very basic, I am learning, but hopefully we can keep in better touch through them!! Love you!! Call me when you get here!! HG